For a better world
Our vision is a sustainable society where future generations will have the same opportunities as we have today. To achieve this goal, our mission is to encourage sustainable consumerism.
We have chosen to work with the Nordic Ecolable as this is one of the most exacting environmental certifications. Nordic Ecolabel is also commonly known as the “The Swan”.
WHAT IS NORDIC ECOLABELLED FURNITURE/FITMENTS?
The Nordic Ecolabel is an official label and a standard specifying absolute requirements. Nordic Ecolabelled furniture and fitments have the lowest environmentally impact in their category. The requirements are based on a life-cycle assessment of the product and requirements
are imposed to production, use and waste. The requirements promote the use of certified wood raw materials and recycled plastics and metals and use of fewer substances that are harmful to health and environment, a high degree of durability and recyclability.
The individual manufacturer might gain information through the Nordic Ecolabel requirements as to how they can contribute to the development of a sustainable society.
WHY CHOOSE THE NORDIC ECOLABEL?
- Nordic Ecolabelling can be viewed as a guide to the work on bringing environmental improvements to the business. With the Nordic Ecolabel the company knows from the outset which environmental impacts are the most important and accordingly how emissions, resource consumption and waste generation can be reduced.
- The Nordic Ecolabel represents a simple way of communicating a company’s environmental commitment to its customers.
- Adopting the Nordic Ecolabel enables manufacturers to reach not only a growing group of private individuals, but also public sector purchasers seeking to take account of environmental factors.
- An environmental adapted production will be improved on future environmental requirements from the authorities.
More specifically, Nordic Ecolabelled furniture/fitments will promote:
∙ Sustainable wood in the production
∙ Minimum impact from substances that are
harmful to health and the environment
∙ Reduced climate and energy impact
∙ High quality and documented fitness for use.
FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND FOR YOU - FOR TODAY AND FOR THE FUTURE
The goal of the Nordic Ecolabel is to reduce the overall environmental impact of our consumption. Therefore the Nordic Ecolabel assesses throughout the product travel and the environmental problems that arise along the way - for the benefit of people, the environment and the earth’s resources.
THE NORDIC ECOLABEL ENSURES:
- Strict environmental requirements - in all relevant phases of the product life cycle
- Stringent requirements for chemicals - for the benefit of the environment and consumer health
- Tightening of requirements - to create sustainable development
- Certification and control - so that consumers can be confident
- For you and the environment - for today and for the future
- 9 of 10 Nordic consumers know the Nordic Swan Ecolabel
and half of these look for it when they shop.
- 3 of 4 Nordic consumers are concerned about what they
can do themselves to take care of the environment.
- It is possible to obtain a certification with the Nordic Swan Ecolabel within 60 different product groups counting more than 200 different product types.
- More than 25.000 different products are sold with the
Nordic Swan Ecolabel in the Nordic countries and the number is growing.