UN Global Compact
Our work with UN Global Compact
We, as part of Lammhults Design Group, are proud to have adopted the UN Global Compact’s 10 principles for creating a more responsible and sustainable world. The 10 principles concern human rights, labour rights, environment and anti-corruption and derive from:
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Declaration of the International Labour Organization on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work
- Rio Declaration on Environment and Development
- United Nations Convention against Corruption
We strive for sustainable development based on business ethics, morality and integrity. The sustainable development are very deeply rooted in the way we do business and design and offer our products.
The 10 principles
The 10 UN Global Compact principles, divided into categories, are the following:
- Business should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Business should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- The effective abolition of child labour; and
- The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Business should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Business should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Discover projects with focus on reuse and longevity.